Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Thing #22

Okay, remember how I felt about Twitter in Thing #21?  Then I said I went back and looked again and found Classroom 2.0? Yay Twitter!  I had no idea we were about to explore this topic.

I was really excited to find Classroom 2.0 because it looks like a site that I can really use.  One of the links on the bottom left of the main page sent me to an area where Special Education teachers were discussing things that worked, or didn't work, in their classrooms.  This led me to an idea that I think would work very well to help the teacher's in our district, with students like mine, communicate.  I'm not a "regular-meetings-kind-of-gal" but a social network set up for just the LIFE Skills teachers would probably be right up my alley. If it could be controlled in order to protect student confidentiality I think it's a great idea.  We have SO much paperwork and I'm just exhausted when school's out from 7.5 hours of almost constant student contact. Our students have difficulty working independently.  By the time school is out and I've prepared for the next day I just want to go home.  Keeping up with a network in my PJs sounds so much better than regular meetings!

No comments:

Post a Comment