Sunday, July 17, 2011

Thing #19

One of the tools we use with autistic students is called a Social Story.  It is a non-threatening way for a student to be told about appropriate behavior and is available for repeated use.  I think a VoiceThread could include the voices of the teacher, parents, itinerant staff, and anyone else to whom the student relates.  This VoiceThread jumped out at me since I have an autistic student returning in August who does NOT like to have his hair cut.  This could be a valuable tool, indeed!  (I will have to be honest, the never-ending comments on this VoiceThread try my patience.)


2 comments:

  1. I think that is the best use of voice thread I have ever heard of. I can see you finding a million uses to benefit your students. There is also nothing wrong with the comments bugging you. My rule of thumb is if it is not helpful, I just don't comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make sure that my post isn't misunderstood. I LOVE getting comments here on this blog. It helps me to know that someone is reading it. It's the VoiceThread comments that are annoying...they take too long to "load." On the one that I've embedded here I really just listened to the first comment on the top left of the little girl talking about each picture. I can only assume that the rest of the comments are pleasant and appropriate...I didn't listen to them, lol.

    ReplyDelete