Friday, July 1, 2011

Thing #11

Happy 4th of July!  I chose this patriotic holiday as my topic for Thing #11. This picture was simply labeled IMG_4985 and was taken by Kurt Wagner.  I've used Flickr ever since my school's librarian shared it with us at a Staff Development session a couple of years ago.  I've taken pictures and added them to PowerPoint presentations to help my students with comprehension.  This Thing, however, made me realize that (biting my lip) I may have accidentally taken photos without permission.  I'm so glad to have the  Flickr Advanced Search so I can stay within the limits of the Creative Commons when searching.  I really liked Teacher Dude's idea of using Flickr to teach vocabulary.  What a great idea!

2 comments:

  1. Guilty as charged. I know when I first started using Flickr, I used photos without checking the use policy. I like the advanced search, too. It sure saves a lot of time, and keeps me from choosing a photo that is restricted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the Flickr Creative Commons search ALL THE TIME! I think you will find it to be very useful to you!

    ReplyDelete