Sunday, July 17, 2011

Thing #18

I found YouTube to have more videos than TeacherTube relating to the topics I researched.  My topic was "Teaching Severely Disabled Children."  TEAMability 2009 was a video about a private program in San Antonio, Texas for students similar to some of mine.  I never feel like I'm doing enough for this population of students so it was encouraging to see.  My plan is to share this video with my paraprofessionals so that we can work together to better serve the more disabled students in our classroom.  Another video, How to Recognize the Early Signs of Autism, will be helpful to me regarding my  Child Find responsibilities as an educator.
The "how to" video that I located was How to make your own document camera or ELMO.  I didn't get a document camera and probably won't due to the current budget situation.  I was very excited to find this YouTube video that may make it possible for me to still enjoy this technology!
Last, I decided to embed a nostalgic YouTube video that my sister-in-law created two years ago after my daughter got married.  Her granddaughter (our great niece) was one of the flower girls so she took photos from VIM\\Studio Photography to make the following photo collage.  It puts me in a good mood every time I watch it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it would cost just as much to make one, unless you already have the supplies. I hope someone can find the money for you to get one-it is obvious you would use it regularly.

    The wedding looks like it was beautiful-beautiful bride and flower girl!!!

    ReplyDelete